Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Life huh? sometimes like a rainy day...


Wow, what a trip it has been.  Working on a photo book for my son for his 29th birthday has consumed me! Then working another “part time” job to make the ends closer and I am pooped.
Sometimes I think, “and this life huh?” 
This past weekend was our daughters birthday (20) and so the house filled up again and that always makes me just smile in wonder that these are OUR kids? Ha! 3 were studying in the dining room on Sunday, lets see there was a statistics college course, an honors physics high  school course, and a micro biology college course…then our one and only college graduate, so far, came over and has had to get a financial advisor to help him structure his portfolio!
Thankfully their father took a lot of these courses and even if he hadn’t he can generally read the chapter and explain the mechanics to the student! 
I majored in Language Arts! LOL so no math, no science.
But I do love a crowd of my kids and their friends. 

Our 27 year old started a tradition oh about 7 years ago.  He would call me from bars playing live music or from concerts of artists that he knew I would like to go to.  (He knows this 70’s heart pretty well)  He would call during a favorite song and we would sing it together, sometimes he would pass the phone around to his buds and say “talk to my mom” and I have known most of his buddies since they were 10!

Since then the family (parents included) call from concerts.  We call them, and they call us.  Our youngest called from a concert she went to with her sister last night…Regina Spector, a great artist the girls introduced me to.  She called so I could sing with her and her sister during 2 of our most favorite songs!  Biggest difference, there wasn’t a drunken sound in her voice! Not yet anyway!

The son that started all this, well he is a hard working guy now with lots of responsibility and ha, doesn’t like to go out on the week nights anymore, and has a “schedule” to keep on Sundays to get ready for Monday.
Damn, even the kids are getting old LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your insanity: