simple day,
I look for simple words to polish the description so i can share a moment with so many.
To put down (well that was when we wrote with paper and pencil so now i guess we put out into cyberspace) a smidge of my life. oh my, to make today memorable lets say...it was a simple day. one that just isnt simple to color with words to describe the brighter colors of the day.
The sun found its way out today, and I found my way out and about today as well. Bargain shopping for our home. My eye is drawn to a long picture that reminds all who enter find peace. Right colors for our "new" kitchen. So I clutch it and ponder its purchase as I walk the store for 45 more minutes.
Finally deciding, nope, it isnt right for our breakfast area and suddenly I cant get home fast enough.
My man, my husband, my...., well, he is my Bobby, my friend. he has issues but then what genius doesnt? that is why we go together...for all my emotional, insecure, common sense-plus-a-little, he is very rational, confident. I feel safest with him most all of the time except when he is a huge butt hole. We often hold hands most anywhere we go. Hand holding is such a natural thing to us we dont really think about it but will still smile when we each find the other's hand.
Saturday night we were out in a small local music venue with 4 young adults. We held hands for reason of excitement for the moment but also because it would be very easy to get separated in the crowd. A young woman that was with us told our son that his parents are "so cute, look they are holding hands". He replied, "cute old people." She told him that she doesnt think she has ever seen her parents hold hands. How sad, but how easy it is to get so busy in the day to day that you forget the simple acts of union.
ahhh nice simple Tuesday!
My wife and I noticed one day that we were just giving "half hearted" hugs because hugging had just become a "habit". We decided to break our "habit" and become fully conscious of what we were doing. We agreed as of then to always give hugs counting as least(5)"1 Mississippi.2.3.4.5 Mississippi" slowly.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Be prepared to stay even longer, more often than not.
JF