Thursday, December 16, 2010

ok so freakin’ cold

 

snow covered mantles

School start has been delayed and many are closed.  We had the cold hit right at rush hour last night and trap many on the interstates. Thankfully this is all random for Georgia.  Some years we get it and some years we don’t so we really arent too prepared when it his and we REALLY get excited and hopeful that at least we don’t have to go to school! LOL

I made an earth shattering discovery about me and holidays.  Holidays are about memories of days gone by, children grown up, and people that have died.  So, I spent most of the weekend trying to celebrate days to come.  Unique and different ways to say “Come on you darkest day of the year! I can take you DOWN!”

So this is it for this year! pulled out “Jeanette” the moving caroling woman that my mother gave me and named after herself so that I would tear up ever year after she died!  I pulled out the tiny little “December” lady that was given to my mother in honor of the baby she had December 22.  New snow ornaments…this may not be too impressive to many but last year I only took the boxes out of the attic.  Left the tree undecorated and called it a christmas tree!

Look at this unique idea :

birds-beads-full-tree-small

Love the “activity” around this tree.  The owner even tucks little bird nests around the tree with “treasures” for the kids to find when they come over.  Look how many wrapped gifts, and how perfectly decorated…Love the idea but will have to tweek it with a bit more simple outcome for the years to come.

So how are your holidays unfolding?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, not sure if my first comment went thru or not. If not, nice tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas is challenging. Once it's over though, I feel like a winner because I survived it!

    How you doin' with all that snow down there?

    ReplyDelete

share your insanity: