
Yep here it is December and I decide its time to take care of this me! We joined a gym yesterday that is open 24/7 so I have no excuses -- its less than 3 miles from the house soooo..
treadmill / eliptical for at least 30 mins a day...and build up for a good jog
weights every other day (built my 20 min workout on REAL AGE )
I have already dropped 12 pounds just addressing the self medicating eating! It has helped me to find the energy and desire. Christmas is not getting me sad (although it will be a challenge thru the dark of december and cold of Jan/Feb) but I think if I can keep moving and looking for weekends with hiking possibilities I may come thru this winter best yet in 10 years. Then when spring arrives we can strap on the back packs and escape into the wilderness ALOT.
It is nice that we dont have any inlaws to deal with as far as the kids are concerned -- its nice that we are still a family of six-but it also messes with the motivation to keep the original traditions- maybe they needed to be changed a bit anyway- when I hung the Christmas ornaments this weekend NO one really cared- no special sentiments from any of them. Wierd. They all had time to spend with us and even included us with a couple of dinners with their friends. Said the tree looked nice but no one really EXCITED about Christmas like a child excitement-first time in 27 years.
I really like the ones 3 of them are dating. It makes me happy that Russell was able to really care for someone - it will make him a happier person. I really like Morgan's Andrew - it seems to be a very good relationship- he does seem just a bit detached and I wonder if it is because he has to be sent with the Marines in May. And of course Lauren fits in better than our own children very often...she is really good to sam and I hope he is as good to her.
Ryanne- she is the most relaxed right now. Perhaps bored but it doesnt seem like that. She accepts us for who we are and she is open and honest with us. A little inwardly focused but at least she is not flailing about like the first three in despert search of who she wants to be..
So now with this space bobby and I can find our place again...and we need to start caring for our vulnerable humanity.
You lost 12 pounds by stopping the "self-medicating" eating??? Wow. I need to do that. Stop eating for reasons other than the need for nutrition.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your prayers. I'm nervous about the test and about my teeth....
Youre gonna be fine. But I know I hate be subject of medical tests. I also work in a dental lab (we make the "winged" appliance, the crowns, the bridges, the implants, the posts, etc.) and again your gum will heal and you will have a beautiful smile as you pack up and walk off in your boots this spring!
ReplyDeleteI suppose your starting @ springer mountain? Not far from me...maybe I could join you for a night?