Sunday, May 31, 2009

I crossed the road and changed directions!

photo taken by a friend, Adam, whom I met once on a mountain trail

Yesterday was exhaustion at its finest.  After a final week of school filled with all sorts of drama for our daughter, work hours being cut TREMENDOUSLY! and a peek at my emotional eating coming back...
After sitting here yesterday i decided it was time for a long walk.  So I struck out of here with no food, no water and three cups of coffee as fuel.  Went 2.5 miles and came back with such low blood sugar that it took hours to feel "norm" again.  

walking though, is wonderful medicine.  It was also a great opportunity for me to see if I could push myself a bit.  walking outside the neighborhood (safety zone) and on a main road.  

As silly as it may sound I hate walking out there * so vulnerable* and I would have to cross a main road with a traffic light!  Again it is not a bad place, it is just frightening to be stopped at the cross road and again so vulnerable.  Do you have little freaky moments that just stop you from doing something you really want to do?

 But I did it!

That little success made me realize that I had changed a very negative day into a different direction.  Decided then to turn this blog spot into a different direction!  Looking for the challenge met ever day, that moment in a 24 hour period that makes me feel like smilin!

Yes somedays it will be hard but at my age it is important that I find them in my everydays!
Saturday, May 30, 2009

I pushed myself out of my safety zone neighborhood and walked 2.5 miles
caution didnt even keep me from crossing the main road 2xs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your insanity: