"damn the weekend is over".... head toward the coffee pot, noticing the creaks and pops are in MY joints NOT the wood floor! "DAMN them too"
Even when I was an active, mesmerized, devout Catholic, I hated Sundays. There is just nothing good about them. Dinners with the kids and friends are always shadowed by Monday being hours away. The ONLY good Sunday is the first Sunday of a week at the beach!
My mind goes to things that will be different this week, even though they rarely change as greatly as hoped!
This week:
* get a meal plan, --> grocery plan, that will be simple, nutritious, and delicious
* gym, go to the gym! stop excusing yourself, you are older, wider, and it lifts spirits.
* look for a part time job
* treasure (junk) hunt, oh wait, we don't have ANY extra money, look for a part time job!
* finish a project you already started and prepared for! like the sunroom! or finish painting the small mirror and candle
ok that plan is done!
It is my fav time to let my einstein sleep in and spend honestly HOURS reading blogs. The creativity of so many folks just consumes me. How did they do that, why didnt I think of that. The more I read the greater my desire to write or to refurbish or even to set a table! So much to learn and damn wish I had started sooner in life! (I know I know it's never too late)
Yesterday I happened on a blog friend again, Between Naps on the Porch. A really nice place to visit! I started there this morning (after checking facebook of course) she had an entry about a mocking bird that was waking her and actually recorded the little midnight siren~ as I listened to it on my lap top the fur friend was becoming very excited!
I don't think she liked the "judy judy judy" sound chirp! LOL and she has this KILL look in her eyes
And completely missed the shot of her ON my laptop!
funny of the morn!
If i started a "weekly" it would be called something like, "sunday smile"
(I had to edit out the messy coffee table/floor! amazing how much worse that stuff looks in public pictures!)
Two solid hours of coffee and blog~land do I have to really get up and get something done now?
I often find myself lazing away a Sunday, too, catching up on blogs. As I'm doing now, in fact. I really need to get outside and do some yard work...
ReplyDeleteSimple, delicious, and nutritious is harder than it sounds.
ReplyDeleteha. wish i could have lazed today...first time home sonce 9 AM...ack...
ReplyDeleteI love it! Everything you wrote could have been something I'd write. I'm a former Catholic turned.... well, I don't know, Protestant, currently going to a Baptist church. Your week's goals.... maybe I'll copy and print them for myself to check off.
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading my blog and I'm happy to have found yours!
wow, damn dark now!
ReplyDeletethank you all for coming by today! I love hearing from each of you