I can not believe that I have strapped on my pack only once! this entire season. Last year I couldn't put it on fast enough nor enough times. Time to go home and unpack made me depressed and I would instantly plan my next trip. Is this good? I am not sure.
This summer my man and I have not needed this venue to talk. We actually seemed to get along with out walking on the trail. The kids are all in a good place right this moment in time and it is very exciting to updo the house or at least plan the updo.
One other issue about hiking. It really isn't mine any more its ours. It was my escape from the frustration of a set of relationships that had all lost their joy.
Some how I had gotten very lost in my life. Who was I, what did I want to do, be, enjoy. What were my dreams... Uncovering the treasure from the bottom of within and not putting all my gold in someone else's ship; well I think it has freed me enough to be me and like it.
I HATE CONFRONTATION WITH FAMILY, no I hate it when no one listens to me. My husband has no problem with confrontation, and he unintentionally (benefit of the doubt here) ignores me because he can over think say, car parts.
Our kids have grown into wonderful young adults but man getting them there was not easy.
Now they are so independent that I have to call and say heyyyy remember me I am the one that cheered at your triple hitter at the ball park!
OR I was the one that held you at the bus stop because you were afraid of dogs,
OR I was the one that home schooled you so you could be the self driven super smart woman that you are...
OR I am the one that STILL claps and adores all the quirky things you do!
It took me almost forever to find me and thinking and talking on the trail with my MAN to get me to this point (ok anti depressants too) But I like the life-hiker I am today and will hit the trails on the mountains again with more joy in my heart just as soon as I can.
Haven't thought about it before but what a great idea hiking is. The exercise relieves any pent up stress and the trails force one on one conversation. Hum, will have to keep that in mind. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteThis would have made for an excellent 55....
ReplyDelete