Thursday, October 14, 2010

Morning laughs rock...

This morning I woke to coffee and blogland.  The first thing I do is look for recent posts and found this very funny video of a brown hair mermaid barbie what a great way to start my day!  Then I have to see if the "crazy dad" has put up new snipits of his life with the most adorable kids.

Humor is wonderful and it has a way of making so much of life bearable!  My husband reads me the morning headlines, which are very important as well, but lordie mercy such drama while you drink your coffee! no thanks...some how my personality is more on the stand-up, sarcastic humorous Buddha! Some where between zen and cornie jokes.

Last night it was me and my einstein all alone.  no kids, no guests, just us.  Too tired to out do our nights of youth we opted for a sit in the garden tub!  The mind's picture of our sweet 50+ old bodies is ample humor but sweet too! As I have said before we have known each other since we were 13! Living two houses apart we have seen the best and worst of each other over our lifetimes.

The conversation started with some kinda sexual reference of course! And when I truly challenged him we had to laugh that how is it possible that we have come so far together.  Starting with his "proposal" while we were making out at a drive in, he asked,
"Would you go to Idaho with me?"  I said sure, I would do that!

Later the next day I was telling my sister about his question.  She said, "So are you getting married?"  I realized he hadn't said "marry me" he said "go with me".  I really didn't know what he meant till he gave me an engagement ring some days later while we watched reruns of Gilligan's Island

So Divine Intervention OR Humorous BUDDHA told me to take his invite on great faith and we never looked too far out into the future and planned for anything! LOL we just cruzed.

2 comments:

  1. You're getting married?????

    That's wonderful - Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! nope been married for 32 years!

    ReplyDelete

share your insanity: