Sunday, November 7, 2010

I hate winter! but love shopping on line

The temp fell hard this weekend here in Georgia! I hate it, I hate it I hate it!!!  My dear einstein of course wants to keep the heat low to conserve money! I HATE THAT TOO! I had good intentions of doing some of my blog Sunday 160 and have been so distracted.  Please do check out the Sunday 160 hosted by one of my favorite monkey friends!

But wandering about on the internet because it is dark and cold...shopping and learning.  One of my favorite sites is Etsy because you can find handmade, organic, beautiful gifts and actually afford them!

This truly isn't a commercial for them, it is honestly how I like to spend my cold nights! (at least as long as the kids are awake! LOL)  I DO receive an email from everything etsy and it is their fault that I even get started! LOL!  I wandered over to the Colorado Ranch, Big T, and spent oh 25 minutes looking at soaps!  They do make such great holiday, hostess gifts!

3 mini soaps and you choose! $8.00

We have been invited to a couple of parties already.  These "kids" are 29, own their own home, completely redid the house themselves in a very cool decor, and love the organic, homemade products.  I spent hours looking through etsy to find something unique and affordable, and I choose this!  Now I am ready to redecorate my blog!

and now I am ready to redecorate my blog! oh wait I have a dinner party tonight and I am the HOSTESS, our baby, our youngest, our smallest, our sweet Ryanne she is 18!! 
Her sister took this series of pics while we were in alaska in August. They turned out so well that I made a photo collage for her senior page! (shewww that saved me several hundred dollars)

We ordered her cake yesterday...of course.  

Remember she is the one that loves Cake Boss AND Buttercream frosting:

So we got her this one,  (the one below!)


I hate getting older....a lamenting for another day


4 comments:

  1. That is a great series of photos with the magenta tractor. Thanks for the link to my Sunday 160.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow those are some crazy cakes...way cool...yeah the temp plummeted here too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11/07/2010

    I know just how you feel about Etsy. I can spend hours there simply drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pink truck but only because it is shabby chic.

    ReplyDelete

share your insanity: