Is it possible to think like the smartest, off-the-beaten-path thinker? Prob not, I am too mainstream. but I dont wanna be on any "fixed" road. Only way to stay alert is to get lost occasionally.
Very often my einstein will amaze me with bits of information and when I ask him where he heard or saw it he rarely remembers. His mind is filled with numbers, equations, quirky artists, computer information that is most certainly a brain buzz kill!
Often, yes alot of the time, he is on the computer looking around at articles, or researching the latest weirdest videos. Kite flying was one of the more recent time eaters. I mean hours of "quad string" kite flying. Yesterday he found "jetman" which leads him into the fabulous world of flying but also amazing video.
Almost as often as he wanders these fields, well, I feel left behind. So I will get very focused and do a little research on my own so I can speak with the same vocabulary. Later, alone, he will get the look in his eye; you know the one that screams, "I am mentally far away". I will ask him if he is thinking about the "quad kite" and he will either say, "no, work." or sometimes "yes, I saw this kite...."
"Follow him Jennifer, follow him!!!" "Keep up, ask a question to show you are listening and interested"
"Why in the hell does he find the so interesting that he can talk for HOURS about a 4 string kite?" "wait, what did he just say?"
So an evening between einstein and myself is usually on the outside very normal LOOKING but on the inside of me head all sorts of discussions are going on.
Recently THE dreaded "blue screen of death" occurred on his computer. I had to call him at work and tell him,
"your computer has this blue screen with alot of words on it. I took a picture to show you but I have shut it down"
He replied, "that is the blue screen of death, everyone knows that. I am glad you didnt say that in front of a REAL geek"
...almost 2 weeks later he has fixed the problem. Again I thought I would try to take an interest in what he was doing. I learned alot but spent alot of time alone with my games on my laptop...feeling sorry for myself cause he was more interested in the screen that the naked lady calling him to get in the tub with her.
oh me, wonder what the name of my real life sitcom would be....
One of our local landmarks is "the big chicken". Many business will say "5 miles south of the big chicken" or "Just in the shadow of the big chicken". Right now it is a chicken franchise but that isn't how it started!
I think I want the big chicken in my real life sitcom title. "life beneath the chicken"...
any ideas out there yall!
I LOVE The Big Chicken!
ReplyDelete(That might make for on interesting 55)
We used to have a hot pink spanish-style innas a halfway point along the California Coast, everything, even the driveway lanterns were hot pink..... Ha!
ReplyDelete