Monday, September 21, 2009

Just a freaking minute

before we change channels to cover another subject in the life and times of some one living a very ? life, let us go over something that intrigues me.  
For weeks, at least 3 weeks, the sense that something is on mr. communicator's mind has been so obvious to me.  I have asked in all kinds of ways, "Hey, whatchya thinkin'?"  "is something bothering you?" "are you made at me?" "Work ok?" "you silly ol' man , what are you pondering over there?"  "MR. NOTALK what are you thinking about?"   
As ALL women reading this you know the answer that I got right?, "nothing"....


Then last night all alone in the mountains, in the hot tub, still has that look of a shield around his eyes.  All I can do is put on my clown act and tell him, look you told me that you hold on to stuff that would be better talked out...lets get this going, what is on your mind? Again, "Nothing".  
Ok, I will guess and you say yes or no.
*You wish I wasn't looking so old., NO
*You have been eyeing another woman. No
*You think I am fat. No
(again all ladies will know you have to cover these first and get them out of the way)
*You worry that you're not going to be able to make me happy in the plans you have heard me talk about for our future. No
*I said something at some point in the last month that has made you mad. "Not mad, but hurt me and shut me out"
AHHH AHHH  found it.  Now, what was it.  The day that I  had spent 4+ hours cleaning the upstairs.  He came in and didnt say a thing (which I have come to accept is just him, and that is ok, I did it more for me anyway)  
He did go into the bathroom that is papered in trashy wall paper and spot a 4 inch corner I had gotten wet and pulled up a little to see how hard it would be to take down.  He rubbed his hand over it and said, "Dont touch the wallpaper until you are ready to take all of it down."  
Sorry guys, I lost it right there.  1. dont EVER tell me "dont" do anything  2. dont see the good? but see that? 


So I said, "Dont talk to me any more".... I also remember saying damn I gotta go spend time in a cabin with you and your negative attitude for 4 days...I dont know why I thought that would be fun.


The last 12 hours were spent in a deep discussion about that conversation, and the issues that color our relationship. I was sad, he was frustrated and I dont think we accomplished anything except he got to tell me that was hurtful to him.  That I take too many of his words personally.  
Obviously, I know the good of the clean up was good, he was showing me where I could improve.


Skipping to work to day in the rain, and it will be good to be in a routine again!  
And for this I created my blog!

2 comments:

  1. I recently saw a comedian who went on about how men really can have a mind where nothing is racing around in it--unlike us women.
    Frustrating isn't it?
    Sounds like you did get him to unload though. Feel better??
    Loved the wallpaper example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so the life of husband and wife goes on.

    ReplyDelete

share your insanity: