Sunday, September 27, 2009

reality? where is it

Last weekend my husband and I had one of those discussions.  And in the midst of it I had told him my perspective of life and he replied, "we all have our own reality".  Well it has come back to me several times over the course of the week.
Words, beliefs, experiences, dreams probably do strongly influence our reality.  So then what is reality?  Does anyone really know?  I decided to do a google search and see what different ideas were quotable for ponder.
  
How reluctantly the mind consents to reality!  ~Norman Douglas


This one rings true for me now.  So many times my perspective of things, life, going on around me is not as bad as I perceive it nor is it as good as I feel certain that it should be for all concerned.  Words others say and the way the are taken can so often be almost a different language.  In particular men and women say and hear words so differently.  Not all but many do which leads to my next quote:


I have a very firm grasp on reality!  I can reach out and strangle it any time!  ~Author Unknown



Great appreciation for times when words  are at least the same color and amazed when couples live in the same reality.




3 comments:

  1. Awesome introspect, and you're absolutely right. Reality is an individual perception for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do couples ever really live in the same reality?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reality is seldom shared in the same sphere by any two people at any second in time. Not in my household!

    ReplyDelete

share your insanity: