Yes, here we are leaving our wedding reception, and our families, and our home town for a lifetime (so far so good) together! We neither one had a clue what we had just agreed to and I was certain that if I wanted to come home I could. We wrote our own wedding vows and in them included that as friends if we ever found we were no longer the best for each other that as good friends we would acknowledge it and let each other go. Dont you know our families were really puzzled by these words LOL
31 years later... well I am home right where I am. Never in a million years did I think we would ever make it this long but I never thought we would ever be 50 or more either LOL...
We lived two doors away from each other since I was 13, so for 7 years we had known each other but didn't date at all till 6 weeks before the wedding!! My first Christmas 3 months after this day was my 21st birthday (I thought I was grown up then) and he bought me a ski jacket for the Idaho winter. I hated the jacket, I hated the weather, I hated being 1300 miles from home, I hated being alone while he worked 15 hours, I hated the way people made fun of my accent...AND I didn't have a clue how to cook! He cooked when he came home from his shift at work.
He was working for Westinghouse, training the Navy how to run a nuclear submarine....it was buried in the ground out in the desert 1.5 hours from our apartment. Travel time and shift hours he would be gone for 15 or more hours then want to sleep when he came home.
WHAT THE HELL DID I SIGN UP FOR?
To be far from home and to grow up like I never would have if I had stayed in Nashville.
*****************************************

Lets101 Quizzes - fun Myspace quiz

Wow, that sounds like my first year of marriage. Sure was scary wasn't it? Our dog didn't care for my cooking.
ReplyDeleteGlad you over came your unhappiness to continue for over 30 years. Congrats big time.
Congratulations. I've got another 18 years to go before that anniversary. Hopefully twice as many before my first colonoscopy.
ReplyDeleteThe best part about that procedure is the Demoral.
ReplyDeleteThought about my 55?