It is amazing what a few days will do for you! Working in the yard and really accomplishing something there. Pulling out ivy that had over taken the out quarter of our yard. Able to work with Einstein with no hitches or pitches! LOL!
This past weekend we went with our older boys to and my nephew and his girlfriend to see a real redneck country song writer. Some how these song writers were the bridges that helped us reconnect to our second son. Come to find out our oldest had been listening to them for some time as well.. The first one, Pat Green, was the first one and almost tied with that was Robert Earl Keene and then Chris Knight (linked to the song that our son said, "momma come on you have to dance with me on this one!)
and now I am really really hooked on Drive By Truckers. Our sons enjoy a very wide range of music but these characters seem to be enjoyed by us all. This weekend we also heard Courdaroy Brown and we all really liked them as well.
Something fun about all of us knowing the words and singing really loudly with the bands and each other. Music has always been a mood setter and tool to color daily life with for me ~ apparently our kids as well. The girls don't share their music quiet as much, maybe because there never has been the need for a bridge, but they know which ones I will like and share them. Hate rap totally hate rap and some of the screaming monster bands that our oldest likes to listen to.
We grew up 2 houses apart since we were 13. So many things we share in our memory banks. The radio, the music, the kids playing guitar and bass in the basements with black lights... worthy of its own post, but the radio was our life force. the station WKDA-FM 103.3...first stereo in Nashville and it played such a wide variety of music. Never plugged to one type, you would hear Harry Chapin and YES and Dan Folgelburg, Carli Simon, Barefoot Jerry,...Led Zeppelin ~ 10 of us in a big black car riding thru "the Park" I had to sit in the floor and that song totally blew me away! All these kids in my life was very exciting after living with my mom and sister in a three story old Apt. ... I had gone to heaven!
Do you have a memory of music in your lives that when you hear the song your senses all awaken to that moment?
PS Tall Kate I have not forgotten the "honesty scrap" ~ I have 9 right now and should be able to post tonight, sorry it took me such a long time cause I do appreciate being thought of!
PS Tall Kate I have not forgotten the "honesty scrap" ~ I have 9 right now and should be able to post tonight, sorry it took me such a long time cause I do appreciate being thought of!

I can feel your happiness and excitement.
ReplyDeleteWordless Wednesday - Pirates' Strumpet
it's possible google reader dropped my feed again
http://vanessavkilmer.com/?feed=rss2
Through our marriage, we went to many concerts over the years.. John Denver, The Pointer Sisters, Manhattan Transfer, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffet(a lot!) Stevie Nicks, Meatloaf, Cher/Cindi Lauper (Lauper waay better!), George Benson, David Burne(Talking Heads)and a few others.. It would almost always result in buying their music and listening to it when a memory needed stirring..
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you found your Happy Thought, Peter..now you can fly again! :)
Glad you can share some music with your children.
ReplyDeletehey nessa~ I will check it out, and i am glad it is obvious!
ReplyDeleteBuffalo! now that is a nice collage of artists. and yes it is nice to be on the up and only slightly air headed!
Dr.J~ I hope you get stronger and stronger, do you have something special you share with you kids? grandkids? family? (Obviously your FAITH! and story telling)
Oh, takes me down memory lane, hearing all those old bands. I love music, too. Makes or breaks my day. By the way, you and Einstein look like you are 30 years old!
ReplyDelete