
We have not had cable television in oh, 14-15 years. Some of those we had NO TV because I wanted the kids to THINK, or PLAY. Now that we are down to one child who is almost 17 we have been playing with old shows off the internet. My husband is a geek .... major major geek. He has rigged it so we can put the computer on our BIG screen tv and it's just like watching tv.
The show he found recently that we just started is "Weeds" off of ShowTime. I believe it is presently in its 5th season. Well, all I wanted to say is it amazed me what and how far tv will go now with sex and drugs. I mentioned it to all of our older children and they all scream, "WEEDS, yall are watching WEEDS!? that is my favorite show ever what season are you in?" I remain calm, smile and tell them we just started it and it is funny. They assure me there are LOTS of funny funny parts and to not freak cause its gonna get pretty SEXUAL, like porn.
In my little head I am thinking in a scream mod..."WHEN AND HOW DID YOU SEE ALL SEASONS?" and who did they watch it with cause I am a little embarrassed watching with my HUSBAND ! Oh my....
This Saturday we are going to the country. My sister's country in the middle of nothing. They really really live with basics. They raise their meat, name it, feed it, kill it and eat it all year! My sister, the middle one of three, is turning 60! yes lets me say that again...60. She has really had a wild hard life...drug addicted, grew up just wanting to screw everything that had paints on, loves pain pills...and some how she has survived and has all of her children (3 girls) less than 10 miles from her. They love her and accept her and celebrate her birthday with great joy and enthusiasm...but they call their dad their hero! and I will so agree.
She says 60 is scary to her. That all of a sudden she realizes her time has ticked closer to out than remaining. And heavens there is not much this lady HASNT done. Now both of my sisters are 60 and 66.... and for the first time I can really see that age has gripped them like I never thought it would.
All of this said it has brought to my own light my own life...my own well bucket list! and that is where these boots are going to go for a while....MY LIFE MY BUCKET LIST
No comments:
Post a Comment
share your insanity: