Saturday, August 8, 2009

ipods..kids ... kittens

Yesterday we had 3 of our kids over for dinner and after being out of town and dealing with my blog addiction there was plenty of house work to do. Dreading it as always I put it off as long as I could. The ipod my son had given me was still in my bag from the beach trip ... and I thought, "hmm maybe a little music would be a good idea. "

It made it so MUCH nicer that I really got into cleaning. Led Zeppelin was my best mover. The blinds in my kitchen had not been dusted in oh 6 years (remember I don't like this house). The blinds sparkle, the cobwebs are gone the floor is beautiful. I even cleaned most of the cabinet doors with Murphy Oil.
Wonder if I will get paid for advertising that product...need to check into this paid for advertising stuff. Right after I figure out how to tweak my blog a bit.

I felt so accomplished for accomplishing such a big task in the nick of time. After a nice dinner of rib eye steaks and potatoes and lots of laughter we found ourselves in the kitchen, as always. This time it was ok with me because I knew it was clean and fresh smelling. The only thing that I still had to deal with was a litter box hiding in the corner. But even it was cleaned and turned with the door to the back and a huge plant close to it so that it was virtually unnoticed.

Then the new kitten went in there. And OMG you would've thought he had saved it all for that moment when I had family and their guests in my kitchen. He sent them all running and screaming, "Mom why don't you put that litter box some place else, any place else?"
I was a bit humiliated, and rightfully so. After they had left the room I went to scoop out the stinky and it was this tiny little poo. How could that kitten leave such a tiny prize that sent all 8 of my dinner companions running!

It was nice to have the kids home for dinner. Actually it really doesn't take much to make this momma happy. Rock 'n roll from her era blasting in her ear or dinner with her kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your insanity: