Yesterday while at work our youngest daughter called me and said, "mom, is there suppose to be anyone in our house?" She had been away from the house for a bit more than an hour and on her return found a car and people in the house.With 4 kids it is possible to have a guest that not every one is aware of. But no not this afternoon ~ "No, no one should be there."
"well, there is, and I heard them talking up stairs, and stuff is all over the kitchen floor. I think I need to call the police."
So she called the police and I flew home (which is rather difficult in our 5:00pm traffic). Sibling got her news and they all flew to the house. Her older sister called and said, "Mom, the police are here and they have their guns out and they are going into the house!"
I got there just after that, and the police had handcuffed the ladies and had them at the back of their car.
There were five police cars and one detective and numerous neighbors. After about an hour it was confirmed ~ we HAD been cleaned! Yep, these poor ladies were from a cleaning company and simply had gotten the wrong house. And we got clean bathrooms, clean floors, cleaned bedrooms (OMG they were so dirty too)
When they confirmed the ladies story, I went over to the ladies and told them I knew they had been frighted and I hoped they understood they totally freaked out my daughter ~ they agreed seeing the 3 police officers with guns and one with a tazer HAD freaked them out. They apologized and said , it was just an honest mistake.
Well after seeing how nice my house looked oh, well I am thinking about calling the company and see if those same ladies can come back! LOL ~
It was very nice to find out how much the neighbors knew about the activities at my house and had been watching the car and the people while my daughter was gone away from the house. They knew what time the car came. It was VERY good to find out how quickly the police got here and how well they responded to my 16 yo phone call and told her she did the right thing, actually said she could call any time she sees a strange car in the neighborhood.
Ahhh is it Friday yet?
Handcuffed?
ReplyDeleteWhen they are obviously cleaning?
The cops overreacted a wee bit ya think?
Just like when someone comments on your post FIRST!!!
ReplyDeleteYAHTZEE!!!!!!!!!
Ha well maybe but since our 16 yo was alone till we all got here it made me more comfortable and the cops were confirming they were with a company and had been asked to come clean in the neighborhood at all.
ReplyDeletei used to own the third largest cleaning service in the NYC tri state area. This kind of thing happens more often than you would think.
ReplyDeleteglad everything is ok.. i hope the woman did not get fired, but maybe suspended.
(look for a bill in the mail, LOL)
Have a great day.
Brother Frankie